Growing your business comes down to recognition — the more people that see your logo and company name out and about, the more customers you’ll have coming through your door. But when it comes to promoting your business, think beyond banners, billboards and signs. Put your brand right in the hands of your customers and let them do the advertising for you by offering free promotional products with your company logo! Added bonus? People love free stuff, and they love the companies that give it to them.
What types of products can be offered as promos? If you can dream it, we can brand it. There is a nearly endless array of products that can be customized with your logo and brand colors! And with summer just around the corner, there are plenty of opportunities to offer branded promotional products that your customers will love. Check out our breakdown of the hottest promo products to offer this summer, as well as some suggestions for getting the most mileage from your promo items.
Fashion and Apparel
Apparel items are the go-to promotional products for many companies. They’re one of the best ways of getting face time for your logo. T-shirts and hats are highly visible, so your branding is likely to be noticed by just about everyone who interacts with the people wearing your items! Within each apparel category, you have a wide range of options to choose from. For summer, consider offering products with seasonal benefits, like technical t-shirts, sweatbands, or sun-blocking visor hats. Sunglasses are also great giveaway items that are easy to brand and always popular!
Put yourself in the shoes of your customers and think about what items would be most useful to them during their summer activities. Most people are more active during the warmer months, so items like water bottles are a great choice! Budget-friendly drawstring bags are another useful giveaway that give your brand lots of visibility. The more you can think outside the box, the more you’ll surprise and delight your audience — which is a great way to build positive associations with your brand! Towels, coolers, bottle openers, and flashlights are just a few other items that are guaranteed to be popular during summer beach vacations, barbecues, and camping trips.
Plenty of promotional items are timeless, and make great giveaways at any time of year. People always have a use for pens, notebooks, candy, lip balm, lanyards, and USB drives, to name a few. These small items are also perfect for packing in a swag bag, handing out to customers, or even mailing to clients. Practical year-round, they’re likely to find a home in the recipient’s purse, pocket, or desk drawer for frequent use (and a constant reminder of your brand).
Using Promotional Products to Your Benefit
The two main functions of promotional products are building brand awareness and creating positive associations with your business. To see the best return on your investment, it’s important to have a plan for how you’ll distribute the products you brand and purchase. Here are a few tried and true tips to help you decide when, how, and to whom you’ll hand out your branded items.
- Trade shows are a perfect opportunity to hand out branded giveaways, because people visiting your booth are already interested in getting to know your company better. Stay top of mind long after the trade show ends by handing out branded products that are practical or just plain fun.
- Keep a few small promo products, like pens or USB drives, ready to hand out while networking. It’ll help you come across as polished and professional, and it’s a great way to nail your first impression.
- Reward loyal customers with a fun branded giveaway, or thank a first time customer for their business. Handing something out for free is a great way to make an already satisfied customer even happier.
- Hand out swag bags at special events (like grand openings) to thank your guests for coming and help make a lasting impression.
- Customers aren’t the only audience you should aim to please. Give branded items to new employees to welcome them to your company, or thank high achievers for their hard work. Since you’ll have far fewer employees than customers, consider choosing premium products to really show your appreciation.
Are you interested in offering promotional items, but not sure where to start or what to choose? PostNet can help! Just stop by your local center to share your ideas and explain your needs. Our associates will be happy to help walk you through the entire selection and ordering process, getting you ready to start spreading the word about your business and impressing your clients in fun summer style!