In the digital age we live in, working and living remotely is more the norm than ever. But not everything can be digitized — such as receiving some types of mail and packages — until now! With PostNet Virtual Mail you can receive, read, forward, and discard your mail 24/7 from anywhere in the world, making it the most convenient way to view and review your mail from anywhere.
Whether you’re a frequent traveler, an online business owner, a caretaker, or just need help managing your mail when you’re not physically around, PostNet Virtual Mail is the perfect option for you.
What is a Virtual Mailbox?
A Virtual Mailbox is a digital mailbox service with a real U.S. street address and your own personal suite number. When your mail arrives at a PostNet center, our staff will take a photo of your mail which you can access anytime from your smartphone, computer, or tablet. You can then decide whether to open your mail, to read it, forward it to a different address, or discard it — from anywhere in the world.
How Does a Virtual Mailbox Work?
- Sign Up and Choose an Address: Select a real street address with your own personal suite number from one of the many 100+ PostNet centers across the U.S. and Canada.
- Receive Mail and Packages From Any Carrier at a PostNet Location: Once you set up your new Virtual Mailbox, you can begin receiving mail at your new address. We can also accept packages on your behalf from any shipping carrier!
- Review Your Mail From Anywhere in the World: Once mail or a package arrives, PostNet will upload the image of your envelope or box to your secure virtual mail manager that’s accessible via any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Instruct PostNet to Scan, Shred, Recycle or Forward Mail: After reviewing your mail, you have the option of asking PostNet to open it and scan the contents for you to read online or have it forwarded to any location worldwide. If you don’t want your mail, just let us know! We will securely shred on-site to conveniently protect your privacy.
Is Virtual Mail Right for Me?
Anyone who lives a busy life and is looking for ways to simplify their day-to-day tasks can benefit from a Virtual Mailbox. This service is perfect for a number of customers such as:
- Small Business Owners and Startup Companies: Whether you’re first starting out in a new business endeavor or running a small business out of a shared work space or your home, having a business address can make your company look more professional by making it seem as if you’re located in a commercial office building.
- Online Businesses: If you run an e-commerce or online business, it’s important to still appear to have a physical address, which makes a Virtual Mailbox the perfect option. You can choose an address in any part of the country, even if you’re hundreds of miles away!
- Digital Nomads: When working remotely, you are not restricted to a specific location. Now you can free yourself from having a physical mailbox as well and still stay connected to everything you need, right from your phone.
- Travelers and Expats: International shipping fees and processes are costly and time consuming. Instead of getting your mail sent to you while you travel the world or live abroad, have PostNet send it to you electronically, and dispose of it at your direction, without you even having to come in to the store.
- Caretakers: If you are a caretaker for a disabled family member or elderly parents, setting up a Virtual Mailbox for them is a great way to keep track of their mail and make sure everything is seen and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Students: As a student, you’re often not in one place for long. From campus living, to studying abroad, heading home for summers and breaks, and switching addresses frequently over the years. A Virtual Mailbox makes so you don’t have to keep updating your permanent address every time you move or are not around to collect your mail.
What are the Benefits of Virtual Mail?
Now that you know what a Virtual Mailbox is and how it works, read on to discover the additional benefits that come from having PostNet act as your personal mail sorter and secretary.
- Free up time in your overly-busy day by having a physical address without the hassle of of checking a physical mailbox.
- Review and forward mail and packages to any location worldwide, on demand.
- Remotely deposit checks, bundle mail, or schedule pickups.
Learn more about Virtual Mail and see what plan best suits your lifestyle and budget.